Thursday, April 19, 2007

Fit Strip Trip

Chipmunk (left) and Black-capped chickadee (right)

I decided to walk over to Marquette's Fit Strip to take some photos of the various creatures who call it home. I wasn't (completely) disappointed! Here are some of the creatures (or signs of) I saw, and lessons I've learned.

What I saw: black-capped chickadees, chipmunks, red squirrels, gray squirrels, red-headed woodpeckers, downy woodpeckers, whitetail deer tracks, common redpoles (birds), mallard duck, canadian goose, and many other birds.

What I learned: I need a better camera!!!!! Next time, bring extra batteries, something to sit on, and something to eat and drink. And watch where I'm walking.
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Fran said...

Good Lessons to Learn for a photographer. There is a natural photographer site (poor at link stuff) that has a lot of good tips on nature type photography. Nice images. Good luck on the new camera.